Wester Ross grilse

Wester Ross grilse
Wester Ross grilse

Tuesday 2 January 2018

A Look Ahead To The 2018 Salmon Season

After a fairly quiet 2017 season on the blogging front, mostly to do with yet another poor Salmon season on the Tweed and Teith,  I am intending to do a bit more reporting on my various outings this coming season.

In the early season, I have trips lined up to Knappach on the Dee on the first Saturday of the season (3 February 2018), as well as further day trips to Catholes, Tay, (17 February 2018) and Upper Kinnaird, South Esk, (3 March 2018). I have 3 days on the Naver in March, followed by a week on Craigellachie, Spey, late in the month; this is a rod week which I have purchased with pal John Webster also buying into a week.

I have a syndicate rod at Old Melrose (or Ravenswood, if you prefer), Tweed, which I will get stuck into from April and, as the season progresses, I have further trips to Sluie on Deeside and a return to the Thurso, plus I hope to add in some fishing on the Inver.

Bolster Pool, Kinnaird Dyke; a classic Spring pool.

Plenty of fishing coming up, therefore, and I am planning on experimenting a bit with some more concise, photo based reports, along with the usual longer reports; feedback welcome!

I hope you all have successful 2018s and that you all get off to a good start in the next few weeks. I'd be pleased to hear how you are getting on.

Happy New Year and tight lines for 2018.

Calum


A few fish from last season which failed to make it into my reports(!):






No comments:

Post a Comment